Friday

Sew, Craft, and Quilt Tutorials


 I love to sew as well as to quilt! Last year, I only managed 4 quilts instead of my usual 25 that always always went to charitable causes.

2014: My Year of 250 Projects

I have been quilting and donating this amount since 2005 when I joined 200 other quilters in our big Salem Convention Center for Hurricane Katrina Relief. 

I then went on to form an online quilting group dedicated to creating small format art quilts for donation to Ami Simm's wonderful Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative ..AAQI. My small group within her gigantic group made ove 640 of these little quilts from 2010 to 2013..and I did my first 10 with a broken arm with a titanium fork and 10 screws inside.

When people make jokes about my having a 'screw loose' inside. I just might!

Last year, I became a grandmother for the first time and my life long love of sewing was rekindled for creating clothing for all ages (I did theatre costuming in one of my other previous lives for 9 years..again as a volunteer). So last year I sewed more than I quilted. See some of my projects at my primary blog:

2014: My Year of 250 Projects

 Became a follower there for lots of fun and opportunities!  Check out my latest blog post:

Here's to the New Year! Pass the Marsala!

Where I discuss Pantone's 2015 Color of the Year...Marsala..a shade of wine!

 But today, I offer just a few of my multitudes of links to sewing tutorials of all kinds. It's faster if you don't have to wait for my organization and alphabetization ..which takes me 6 hours a week to keep all of these blogs going

 Aren't these just adorable? Each link connects to the blog and the post with the free tutorials for those items!


And if you come here just for quilting, here's some of my primary links for those at the very bottom of this post:

 

Triple Layer Ruffle Skirt

ruffle edit

T-shirt Overlay Bubble Dress


Fold Over Messenger Bag

Messenger_jpg_600x600_q85

Elegant Fabric Flowers

flower1

How to make a tube top maxi dress

Half Circle Skirt

Little Girl’s Paperbag Bubble Skirt

The Simple Duffel Bag

How to Add Ruffles to Leggings

Heart Tree Pillow with Free Pattern

Lunch Tote with Free Pattern

10 Minute Infinity Scarf

Ipad Mini Case with Free Pattern

Paperbag Couture Skirt with Pockets

Quilted Laptop/Tablet Case

Easy Drink Coaster Set

Baby Christmas Dress with Free Pattern

How to make a Sock Snowman

Carnaby Carry All Bag with Free Pattern

Pot Holders

http://www.thestitchingscientist.com/2013/11/how-to-make-pot-holders.html

Simple Table Runner

http://www.thestitchingscientist.com/2013/11/how-to-make-simple-table-runner.html

Toddler Fall Dress with Free Sewing Pattern

http://www.thestitchingscientist.com/2013/11/girls-fall-dress-with-free-sewing.html

Easy Fat Quarter Quilt Top with Free Pattern

Quilted Barrel Pouch with Free Pattern

Ruffle Skirt and Leggings Combo with Free Pattern

Doll Face Circle Pouch with Free Pattern

Easy Peplum Skirt

Fold Over Gathered Clutch

Classically Simple Top Free Pattern

Easy Peplum Top

Pleated Peekaboo Skirt

Free Pinwheel Pillow Case Pattern

Free Shirt Pattern

Simple Tablet Sleeve

Evening Bow Clutch

Gypsy Doll Face Pillow

UpCycle T-Shirt Tank Top

Embellished Tank Top

How to draft your own shoe pattern

Baby Shoes Free Pattern

The Simple Clutch with Free Pattern

The Rickety Rac Baby Dress with Free Pattern

The Prairie Patchwork Toddler Skirt

The Everyday Bag with Free Pattern

Sunny Summer Day Onesie Dress

The Easy Peasy Freehand Fabric Flower

Baby Dress 6-9 months with Free Pattern

Double Layer Toddler Skirt

Cycling Baby Quilt

Burp Cloth Tutorial- A Different Design


 QUILTING LINKS: