Remember, that any quilt block or pattern can be used for this holiday by the simple use of color and fabric patterns! And I've even included some fun 'non quilt' extras.
Kermit's Irish green eyes are smiling, someone gave lots of kisses.... hope yours are too!
Free "Irish" or St. Patrick's Day quilt patterns...note, a lot of them are not green, but those are very old or very traditionally used blocks and quilt patterns and are such fun!
And a little extra:
Printable Joann coupon 50% off one item expires 3/19/11: PRINT COUPON
Aunt Mary's Double Irish Chain Quilt Block Make an eight inch paper pieced block.
Broken Irish Chain a 10" pieced quilt block pattern from Quilter's Cache.
Celtic Sunrise - a 12" paper pieced quilt block pattern from Quilter's Cache
Double Irish Chain - a 12" pieced quilt block pattern from SewQuilty.
Double Irish Chain Quilt classic block for a pillow, or lots for a quilt.
Four Leaf Clover - 10" applique quilt block pattern from CompuQuilt.
Happy St. Patrick’s Surprise » the free quilt pattern's pdf file...lovely pieced hearts create a shamrock! Green for the Catholics, Orange for the Protestants, and White for the hope for peace between them.
Celtic Interlocking Squares Quilt Block:
Irish Chain - an 18" pieced quilt block pattern from Quilter's Cache.
Irish Chain Quilt - a 54" x 66" pieced quilt pattern from EZQuilting
Irish Eyes - a 12" pieced quilt block pattern from AZPatch.
Irish Grandma Sue Boy Block from Quiltmaker.com
Latticed Irish Chain Block a 28" block from Quilter's Cache
Scrappy Pieced Shamrock Block...turn several shamrocks into a darling quilt!
Scrappy Irish Chain Quilt - a 68-3/4" x 84-1/2" pieced quilt pattern from McCall's Quilting.
Single Irish Chain Quilt for Baby - alt/ 4 1/2" fussy cut w. Irish Chain from About.com
St. Patrick's Day Quilt from Kim's Big Adventure
Traditional Irish Chain Quilt lovely traditional Irish chain Quilt pattern.
Traditional Irish Chain quilt with some shamrock quilting!...same link as above
Trip To Ireland Quilt - a pieced quilt pattern from Simply Quilts.
Triple Irish (chain) Flower quilt pattern from Moda
Words to applique:" Kiss Me I'm Irish
**Yellow Clover a block design first published by Nancy Cabot for the Chicago Tribune. According to Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns, Yellow Clover is one of hundreds of Cabot patterns sold by mail order during the 1930s. It is no longer available online, and the hyperlinks for photos have all been pulled off the website. But here are the directions that I still have:
BLOCK SIZE: 10 1/2" square
- Dark print at least 5" x 10"
- Medium print at least 10" square
- Light print at least 16" square or one fat quarter
- Cut 2: 5" squares, dark print
- Cut 3: 5" squares, medium print
- Cut 5: 5" squares, light print
- Cut 4: 3 3/8" squares, light print, then cut them in quarters diagonally to yield 16 side triangles
- Cut 7: 2" squares, light, then cut 2 of them in half diagonally to yield 4 corner triangles
- 2,500 Free Quilt Patterns
- Huge List of Free Quilt Block Patterns
- Free Babies, Childrens Quilt Patterns
- Free Sunbonnet Sue and Sam Patterns
- Free Heart Themed Quilt Patterns
- Free Snowman Quilt Patterns
- Free Sewing Accessories Patterns
- Free Breast Cancer Awareness Quilt Patterns
- Free Patriotic Quilt Patterns
- Liberated Quilting: Free Patterns, Blocks, Ideas&Tutorials
- Free Butterfly Quilt Patterns
- Free Easter Quilt Patterns
- Free St.Patricks or Irish Quilt Patterns
- String Quilting:Tutorial and Free Patterns